- View All
- Using Data Curation Profiles to Design the Datastar Dataset Registry. D-Lib Magazine. 19. 2013
- De-Mystifying the Data Management Requirements of Research Funders. Issues in Science and Technology Librarianship. 2012
- Prepared to Plan? A Snapshot of Researcher Readiness to Address Data Management Planning Requirements. Journal of eScience Librarianship. 1. 2012
- DataStaR: Using the Semantic Web Approach for Data Curation. International Journal of Digital Curation. 6:209-221. 2011
- Metadata Management in a Data Staging Repository. Journal of Library Metadata. 20:79-98. 2010
- Automated Metadata Formatting for Cornell’s Print-on-Demand Books. Code4Lib. 8. 2009
- Establishing Trust in a Chain of Preservation: The TRAC Checklist Applied to a Data Staging Repository (DataStaR). D-Lib Magazine. 15. 2009
- Reviving Digital Projects. Code4Lib. 5. 2008
- Rethinking Evaluation Metrics in Light of Flickr Commons. Museums and the Web 2011: Proceedings. 2011
- DataStaR: Using the Semantic Web approach for Data Curation. Proceedings of the 6th International Digital Curation Conference. 2010
talks and presentations
Presenters' names (for talks) italicized.
Carlson, J., D. Dietrich, A. Valk, S. Wright, S. W. Parham, and G. Steinhart. Coming to an understanding: A cross-institutional examination of assessments of data curation needs. Panel presentation at the Association for College and Research Libraries Annual Conference.
Dietrich, D., L. R. McEwen. CuLLR me collaboration: Models and tools for user-driven eLibraries. Presentation at the ACS Chemical Information Division Symposia. April 7, 2013. New Orleans, LA.
Kozlowski, W., D. Dietrich, G. Steinhart, and S. Wright. Research data in eCommons@Cornell: Present and future. Poster presented at Research Data Access and Preservation Summit 2013. April 4-5, 2013. Baltimore, MD.
Steinhart, G., W. Kozlowski, S. Wright, H. Khan, L. McIntosh, D. Dietrich, K. Chiang. 2012. Using the Data Curation Profiles Toolkit to inform the development of a research data registry. Poster presented at the 2012 LITA National Forum. October 5-7, Columbus, OH.Dietrich, D ., H. Surbaugh, N. McGovern. 2012. Broader Perspectives. Panel discussion at the Data Curation Profiles Symposium at Purdue University. Sept. 24, West Lafayette, IN.
Steinhart, G. and D. Dietrich. 2012. Mentoring NextGen Librarians for Careers in eScience. Poster at the University of Massachusetts and New England Area e-Science Symposium. April 4, 2012. [Poster]
Dietrich, D. 2011. Data manipulation for non-programmers. Workshop at THATCamp Philly. Philadelphia, PA.
Khan, H., G. Steinhart, B. Lowe, B. Caruso, D. Dietrich, J. Corson-Rikert. 2011. DataStaR: An Ontology-Based Approach to Representing Metadata for Research Datasets. VIVO Conference. August 24-26, 2011. Washington, DC.
Cusker, J., C. Miller, and D. Dietrich. Bringing the Library to its Users: Cornell's Library Outside the Library Team Program. Presentation at Eastern New York/ACRL Spring Conference. May 23, 2011. Saratoga Springs, NY.
Bray, P., S. Chan, J. Dalton, D. Dietrich, E. Kapsalis, M. Springer, and H. Zinkham. Rethinking Evaluation Metrics in Light of Flickr Commons. Professional Forum at Museums and the Web. April 8, 2011. Philadelphia, PA.
Carlson, J., D. Dietrich, S. W. Parham, M. Ramirez, and G. Steinhart. Roles for Librarians in Research Data Curation. Panel Presentation at the Association for College and Research Libraries Annual Conference. April 1, 2011. Philadelphia, PA.
Dietrich, D., K. Jenkins, and G. Steinhart. The Data Discussion Group: Growing a data-curation aware community of librarians. Poster at the Sixth International Digital Curation Conference. December 6-8, 2010. Chicago, IL.
Dietrich, D., K. Hensley, and L. Solla. A virtual library taxonomy: Supporting the Physical Sciences Library website. Poster at the Annual Meeting of the Upstate New York Science Librarians, October 25, 2010. Rochester, NY.
Dietrich, D. DataStaR: A staging repository for supporting library-based data curation services. Presentation at the UMass Science Boot Camp, June 11, 2010. Lowell, MA.
Muller, L., G. Wiley, and D. Dietrich. Metadata Round-up: The rough and tumble world of metadata librarianship. Presentation at the Metadata Working Group, May 21, 2010. Ithaca, NY. [Abstract] [Slides]
Krafft, D. B., D. Dietrich, and B. B. KrKoska. Taking the Library Outside the Library: A Light-weight Innovation Model for Heavy-weight Economic Times. Presentation at the CNI Spring 2010 Membership Meeting, April 12-13, 2010. Baltimore, MD. [Slides]
Dietrich, D. DataStaR: An Institutional Repository to Promote Sharing and Publication of Digital Research Data. Demonstration at the Fifth International Digital Curation Conference. December 2-4, 2009. London, UK.
Dietrich, D. Opportunities for partnerships between subject specialists and data librarians. Presentation at the Annual Meeting of the Upstate New York Science Librarians, October 26, 2009. Ithaca, NY.
Cusker, J. and D. Dietrich. Wikipedia, Wikimedia, Flickr and Blurb. Poster at the Annual Meeting of the Upstate New York Science Librarians, October 26, 2009. Ithaca, NY.
Solla, L. and D. Dietrich. Data awareness. Presentation at the American Chemical Society National Meeting, March 23, 2009. Salt Lake City, UT. [Abstract]
Callahan, M., and D. Dietrich. Libraries, IT, and Who Is Authorized in the E-Library Age. Presentation at the Questioning Authority Conference, March 29, 2008. Ann Arbor, MI.
education and training
awards and distinctions listing
- DLF (Digital Library Federation) Forum Fellowship for Librarians New to the Profession, Spring 2009